2016 National Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
Courtesy of Recreation.gov
The application period for the 2016 lottery begins at 10 a.m. (ET) on Friday, October 7 and ends at 10 a.m. (ET) on Monday, October 10. Please come back to this page after the lottery opens on October 7.
About the Event
On December 1, 2016 the National Park Foundation and National Park Service will present the 94th annual National Christmas Tree Lighting. Popular entertainers and a United States military band add to the celebratory evening when the President of the United States lights the National Christmas Tree and brings a message of peace to the nation and world.
To learn more about the National Christmas Tree Lighting and December events at the National Christmas Tree, please visit thenationaltree.org.
Throughout December, visit the National Christmas Tree, enjoy the month-long celebration, and share your President’s Park story at findyourpark.com.
2015 National Christmas Tree Lighting
Your Contact Information
Your email address provides the primary means of communication about the lottery. To ensure timely correspondence, please update your email address and contact information prior to October 7, 2016 by logging into your account onRecreation.gov and select Update Profile. Please add Recreation.gov to your address book or safe senders list and check your “spam” or “junk mail” folder for notifications.
- Lottery Opens: Oct. 7 (10 a.m. ET)
- Lottery Closes: Oct. 10 (10 a.m. ET)
- Lottery Results Available: Oct. 27
- Event Date: Dec. 1
- Tickets are free, but limited.
- There is no charge for entering the lottery.
- Only one application per household. All other applications will be voided without notice.
- Ensure that your account contact information is correct and current. Your email address will be used for lottery and ticket communications.
- Results will be available on October 27. Emails will be sent after that date to the lottery winners with instructions for printing tickets.